The Member/Guest Event is being held on Thursday, June 19th. The event will include lunch, golf and dinner. Beer, wine & soda will be provided all day. The cost is $225. There is a sign up sheet in the Pro Shop. In order to make this event viable, we need about 30 members to participate.
Golf Club dues must be paid prior to any play for the 2014 season. Dues for the golf club can be paid either in the Pro Shop or online at:http://www.oldtappan.net/index.php/golf. Dues for the Men’s Club must be paid prior to participation in any Men’s Club events. Checks for the Men’s Club dues in the amount of $150 can be sent to Rob Greeder or can be dropped off in the Pro Shop.
The 2014 Tournament Schedule has been finalized. You can view this year’s tournament timetable by clicking “Schedule” in the menu above.
Also, a summary of the 2014 Dance Card is available in PDF format by clicking here.
The 2014 kickoff meeting for the Old Tappan Men’s Club was held on March 9th with over 50 guys attending. As mentioned at the meeting, for 2014 we will be utilizing a combination of emails and posting on this website to communicate with the members. As we move into 2015, we will be utilizing the website to a greater degree with less reliance on emails. If anyone has trouble in installing a link on either their computer, iPad or smartphone let us know and we will help you get set up.
With our tournament season about to start, please remember the two important procedures below. Disqualification may result from not adhering to these procedures.
- You must sign up for a tournament BEFORE teeing off. This procedure is for everyone’s protection. If you decide to attempt to qualify on Sunday and you shoot a career round on Saturday, congratulations! But you’re still qualifying on Sunday.
- When entering scores on the sign-up sheet, please enter scores for every hole, not simply your total score or your front-nine, back-nine and total scores. These hole-by-hole scores are used not only as tie-breakers for qualifying, but are also used for seeding purposes. Thus, we need hole-by-hole scores from everyone.
When taking carts from the cart bin, please be aware that the carts to the right are under repair. Only take carts that are to the left in the bin. Thank you for your cooperation.
• Golf Season – Begins April 1st and runs through October 31st.
The computer has been on for the past few weeks so our members may check handicaps and post in-season scores played away. When in doubt, ask the pro if they are in-season before posting.
• Handicap Allowances – Based on Course Handicap. ( USGA Index adjusted for Old Tappan tees.)
All matches are to be played at Course Handicap unless an authorized committee finds it necessary to make an adjustment during tournament play. In such a case, the golfer will be notified in advance of the reason for the adjustment and may appeal.
• Peer Review – Golfers are required to post all scores, (home and away), for rounds played according to the rules of golf. They should follow the guidelines on the bulletin board for adjusting scores according to the following: equitable stroke control, holes not finished, and holes not played.
It is our responsibility to monitor scores throughout the season. If a golfer is suspected of manipulating his handicap or fails to post, please feel free to remind the golfer and bring it to my attention so we can determine the appropriate response.
• Score Cards – Proper completion of score cards is required for all men’s club tournaments.
Failure to properly complete and return score cards as directed by the Tournament Committee may result in disqualification. Score cards should only be placed in the box for major tournaments and as directed by the Committee to do so.
We will be monitoring score posting for the major tournaments in particular to make sure scores are posted properly. I have asked the tournament committee to add a “Date Played” column to the sheets for these events and to coordinate this with my committee.
Also, a link to the Handicap Committee section of the USGA Handicap Manual for your reference:
Thank you for your assisstance and enjoy the season!